Who does not know about social media? A 5-years old kid knows how to use a smartphone, and a 12 years of child knows about social media. Social media has become a part of our lives. Apart from tons of negative impacts, there are tons of benefits of social media we can’t deny.
Almost everything has become online, and almost all business owners are using these social platforms to advertise their business. It could be a housewife selling cakes, or a young girl selling her craftwork whether a big brand or a newly launched business, advertisement through creating short video clips has become more common.
And why not? These platforms allow millions of users around the globe to reach out to these brands and buy their stuff; hence more profit is earned. Investing in video ads on different social platforms isn’t wastage of money but somehow contributing to their income.
All social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn, have set their precise specifications for video ads, and these must be followed to get a high quality, professional advertisement to appeal and engage the vast number of audiences.
We have compiled specifications for all social platforms. Give it a thorough read to get detailed information about video ads on social media specs.
Top Advertisement platforms Include
Specifications for Facebook ads
Facebook is the most widely used social platform worldwide, with over 2.4 billion active users. More the users, the higher the chances to engage more people. Facebook allows us to upload different types of video ads with different specifications for each.
The Facebook feed allows videos to appear in different formats including, square, horizontal, and top right columns.
Specifications of Facebook feed ads include:
- Video Dimensions: 1280 x 720 (landscape & square)
- Minimum dimensions: 600 x 315 (landscape), 600x 600 (square)
- Video duration: Maximum: 120 mins
- Aspect ratio: 16:9 (landscape), 1:1 (square)
- Video file size: 4GB
- Video format: MP4 & MOV
- Video frames: 30 frames/sec
Carousel Video Ads
These ads allow users to add 2-10 images or videos in a single advertisement. In this type of advertisement, you can show your product in different colors. Users can watch mutiple items without going to an actual page. Specifications include:
- Video dimensions: Maximum 1080 x 1080 (landscape and square), 600 x 315 (landscape), 600 X 600 (square)
- Aspect ratio: 1.9:1 (landscape) 1:1 (square)
- Video length: must be 30 sec, maximum 90 seconds
- Video Format: MP4 and MOV
- File Size: 2.3GB
- Maximum frames: 30 frames/sec
Facebook stories Ads
Facebook has a story feature that allows users to update their stories like Instagram and WhatsApp. Users mostly don’t bother specs; they simply upload from their phone gallery, but companies need to take these specs in consideration. Ads are played on the stories while users are watching stories; it appears immediately and shortly.
- Dimensions: 500 X 500
- Aspect Ratio: ranges from 1.91-9:16
- Video Length: maximum of 15 seconds
- File size: 4GB
- File format: MP4 and MOV
Instagram Video Specifications:
Facebook carries more users as compared to Instagram, but if you ask me about Instagram, this is the best place of all to market your business. You need to know about specifications, some video editing skills, and get a grip on creating engaging content with knowledge of how to run ads adds.
Instagram In-feed Specs:
Instagram feed videos are displayed in square and horizontal forms. You may have seen vertical form, but that’s a bit tricky.
- Video dimensions: 600 x 600 (square) 600 x 315 (horizontal), 600 x 750 (vertical)
- Aspect Ratio: 1:1 (square), 1.9:1 (horizontal), 4:5 (vertical)
- Video Length: maximum of 60 seconds,
- File Size: 4GB
- Recommended Format: MP4 and MOV
Instagram stories specs:
Brands ads begin to play while users are shifting from one story to another. Story specifications include:
- Recommended dimensions: 1080 x 1920 or 600 x 1067 (minimum)
- Video Length: 15 seconds
- Format and file size: MP4, MOV, and 4GB.
Instagram now has a new feature named IGTV, where brands, users and all those lifestyle or beauty bloggers can upload long videos. Specs include:
- Video Resolution: 1080 x 1920, Minimum 720
- Aspect Ratio: 9:16
- Video Length: can be 1 minute or can range up to 10 mins, 60 min long video can also be uploaded by using a desktop computer.
- File size: 650 MB for 10 min long video while 3.6 GB for 60 min long video.
- Video Format: MP4
YouTube Video Specifications:
Everybody would be interested in YouTube specifications because YouTube has become the latest source for earning for many, including housewives, young people, and brands too. YouTube is used for delivering knowledge, entertainment, fun, and much more. You name it, and YouTube has it. YouTube video specifications include:
- Video recommended resolution: 426 x 240 (minimum), 3840 x 2160 (maximum)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Video Length: 12 hrs. (Maximum)
- File size: 128 GB
- Recommended formats: MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MPEG4, WebM, FLV, 3GPP, MPEG-PS.
YouTube Video Ad Specification
You must have seen the ads popping up while watching your favorite show or video; you get offended. YouTube ad is either skippable (can be skipped after 5 sec, also monetized), non-skippable (must have to see for 15 sec) mid-roll video ads (these ads appear like TV commercials), or Bumper video ads (played before content and cannot be skipped).
- Video dimensions: 426 x 240 (minimum), 3840 x 2160 (maximum)
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Video Length: Non skippable (15-30 sec), Skippable (skipped after 5 sec), Mid-roll (mini 30 sec), Bumper (max 6 sec).
- Recommended formats: MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, WMV, FLV, 3GPP, WebM, MPEG-PS.
- File size: 128 GB or 12 hours.
LinkedIn is considered one of the best platform for advertisement. LinkedIn is a platform where you can approach professionals, Hiring Managers, CEO’s of multinational companies from all over the globe. Video specs for LinkedIn ads are:
- Dimensions: 480 x 360, 640 x 480, 960 x 720, 1280 x 720, 1920 x 1080.
- Aspect Ratio: 1:2.4 to 2.4:1
- Accepted Format: MP4
- File Size: 200M (maximum)
- Video length: max 30 min, but 15 sec is considered best.
All the well-known brands follow specifications according to the social media platform. This is also the reason of their being successful because they can approach millions of people. If you are a beginner on this journey and learning basics, then you must follow these specifications to rule out the social media platform by engaging more people.